Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fishburne to Join CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the Show's 9th Season

Laurence Fishburne, most notable in his role of Morpheus in The Matrix, will be joining the show as a new character to the series. He will be playing the role of Dr. Raymond Langston.

Langston will be portrayed as " a guy who is brilliant to the world" and the show will dwell on his past as a research pathologist and a professor of criminology. Of note, he will be a character permanently and will be portrayed as a rookie to the show.


Fishburn had the following to say about the role and how it is different from movies in not knowing where the character will go:


"The fact that I don't know where Langston is headed isn't a problem. Sometimes I feel I have a handle on him, sometimes I feel like I don't know what the (heck) I'm doing. But that's like life, isn't it? If I start looking for the last page, I'll make myself craaazy!" (http://www.csifiles.com/)


CSI is once again pulling out more stops in order to add new flair and diversity to the show. With the loss of William Petersen in the early going of the season, they have added a completely different chacacter instead of replacing Gil Grissom. The addition of Fishburne as Dr. Raymond Langston will be a chance for renewed interest and continued success for the already popular show. In a way, this is a huge appointment as Laurence Fishburne is a much bigger star than people on the cast now. He may add that next dimension or a new era for the show. Will it be successful and should we expect more turnover and additions? I don't think so. If there any Matrix fans, this will give them a great opportunity to see Fishburne in what I'm sure will be an award-style role.



No comments:

Post a Comment